Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Need assessment on 19 Oct 2016

There were two biggest problems for me are listening and speaking fluently before. After I joined Lever 5/6 for 6 months, these two sections were improved a lot. And I am able to catch the keys words and main ideas in some routine conversations. What's more, I can express my thought fluently in Canadian style. However, there are still some obstacles in these two parts. I will feel confused if my partners spoke too fast or talked about some complicated and unfamiliar issues, like academic topics.
 I think the reason for those is that I had little practice or stress in the class. So, I hope there are more practices in speaking and listening in class instead of homework because lots of resources presents in LINC; for example, international new comers can exchange their own experiences by chat. In 6 months of studying in LINC class, the field trip and presentation by volunteers impressed me deeply due to different topic, like food safety, Canadian culture and polities system. Besides, I am interested in 10 topics as below:
1. Job market status in Ontario. Which ones will be potential careers?
2. Public health system and key expression in the appointment of physicians.
3. Advice on tour in Canada.
4. How to maintain lawns and plant flowers.
5. How to drive safely.
6. Kids' education system in Canada.
7. How to foster kids' independence.
8. Introduction of Canadian social welfare systems.
9. Introduction of immigration policies in Canada.
10. Introduction of Ontario economy in recent years.




No comments:

Post a Comment